NOTE: This title does not ship the the UK, any orders placed in error will be refunded.
Nightmares Come at Night aka Les cauchemars naissent la nuit
Directed by Jess Franco, 1970
For years considered a lost Franco film (after having played at a single theatre in Belgium), Nightmares Come at Night was rediscovered in 2004 and has recognised as a key film in the evolution of Franco’s cinema, which in 1970 was assuming a dreamlike logic, governed more by the director’s libido than the traditional horror movie structure.
Diana Lorys (The Awful Dr Orlof) stars as a sultry dancer who falls under the hypnotic control of the sinister blonde Cynthia (Colette Giacobine) and begins ti suffer terrifying hallucinations, from which not even a gifted psychiatrist (Paul Muller) can save her, Meanwhile, a pair of jewel thieves (Soledad Miranda and jack Taylor) hide out at a nearby house, biding their time until they can confront Cynthia for their share of a recent heist.
- Audio commentary by Tim Lucas
- ‘Eugénie’s Nightmare of a Sex Charade’ – 20 minute documentary by Daniel Gouyette on the making of the film. Includes footage of Jess Franco
- ‘Jess! What are you doing Now?’ – 8-minute documentary Nightmares Come at Night
- Language: French Soundtrack with optional English subtitles plus English dubbed version
- Cast: Diana Lorys, Paul Muller, Soledad Miranda, Jack Taylor, Colette Giacobi