Written and Directed by Jess Franco, 1972, aka The Mistresses of Dr. Jekyll aka El Secreto del Dr. Orloff
The follow-up to Jess Franco’s career-launching film The Awful Dr. Orlof, Dr Orloff’s Monster is a modern gothic thriller, injected with moments of perverse eroticism, science fiction, and smoky jazz.
When Melissa (Agnès Spaak) returns to her ancestral home to claim her inheritance, she finds hat the castle is filled with strange characters and dark secrets. Governing the crumbling manor is a diabolical scientist, Dr. Conrad Jekyll (Marcelo Arroita-Jáuregui), who uses high-frequency mind control to command an undead henchman (Hugo Blanco) to perform a series of vicious murders. When a dry-witted detective (Pastor Serrador) and Melissa’s suitor (Pepe Rubio) trace the crimes back to Jekyll’s castle, they realize the only way to trap the zombie is to use Melissa as bait.
- Audio commentary by film historian Tim Lucas
- Eleven minutes of alternate mpre sexually explicit, footage
- French theatrical trailer
- Italian theatrical trailer
- Written and Directed by Jess Franco
- French language with optional English subtitles
- English language soundtrack
- Cast : Agnès Spaak, Marcelo Arroita-Jáuregui, Hugo Blanco, Pastor Serrador, Pepe Rubio, Perla Cristal, Maldonado